WORKING WITH ENDNOTE / REFERENCE MANAGER
EndNote/Reference Manager is used to store and recover scientific information. The program is able to make a direct connection with external databases in order to import relevant information after a query. The collected data, which is stored in a database, can be used afterwards to cite and generate bibliographic lists within Microsoft Word. This training is meant for everyone who is doing research, publishes scientific articles, or wants to use the options of EndNote/Reference Manager in a professional way. The in-company training lasts a day. If desired we can also limit the in-company training to half a day.
The training will cover the following topics:
- Creating a bibliographic database
- Manual entry of data
- Importing data from an online database (Direct Export / Use of import filter)
- Internet search (ISI Web of Science, PubMed, Z39.50 hosts)
- Working with databases (selecting, sorting, navigating, searching)
- Managing databases (add, replace, move, copy, delete)
- Printing of bibliography / Subject bibliography
- Output Styles
- Cite in Word documents (Cite While You Write)
Of course there will be time to discuss specific situations and individual questions. In case you prefer the short in-company training, we will discuss the contents of the training with you.
The training is meant for staff members who collect data, and who want to set up their own, or a shared, database with relevant and up to date information, as well as for researchers who write and publish reports and papers. In short, for everybody who is interested in collecting, storing and publishing scientific information.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
The number of people participating in the training is limited to 15 per training. This way we can guarantee optimum support and guidance.
The price for a full day in-company training, including an extensive reader is € 1.500,00 ex VAT. The price for half a day training, including an extensive reader is € 900,00 ex VAT. In both cases we expect that you will provide the location, equipment and refreshments.
For an in-company training, the class room has to be equipped with a beamer. Every student needs to have the following items:
- Computer with the software needed for the training(EndNote or Reference Manager, Windows XP or Vista, Office)
- Internet connection
- Canceling a training
- We have the right to cancel a training. In case of a cancelation you will be informed in time.
- Cancelation and rescheduling of a registration
- We are charging the following when you cancel or reschedule a registration:
- until three weeks before the training date 10% of the price
- between three and one week before the training date 25% of the price
- between one week and one working day before the training date 75% of the price
- when you cancel or reschedule the training within one working day before the training you owe us the full amount of the training price
- Registration and payment conditions
- A couple of weeks before the training takes place we will send the invoice which has to be paid before the training starts. The registration will only be definite when the training fee is received by DISC. The payment term is thirty day
If you are interested in an in-company training, or if you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us. We are more than happy to assist you.
Tel.: +31 (0)23 547 1855